6/07/21: Arkansas will be offering remote exam proctoring with PSI starting 6/23/21 for licensing candidates. Learn more about PSI's remote testing platform, PSI Bridge.
1. Complete a Prelicensing Course with Exam FX
If you would like to sell insurance as an insurance producer in Arkansas, you must pass a licensing exam. To prepare for the licensing exam, you must take a state-approved insurance course.
When you satisfy the requirements for your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion (Appendix A). To be eligible for a Certificate of Completion (Appendix A), you must complete an online course with time requirement and you will need to pass a Certification Exam*. Prelicensing education is valid for two years from the date of completion; you will need to take and pass your state exam within this timeframe. (Adjusters are not required to show proof of prelicensing education.)
The *Certification Exam must be monitored by a disinterested third party. (A disinterested third party, with a minimum age of 18 years old, who can be any person except for family members or individuals who have a financial interest in the student's success of the exam. Co-worker proctors must not be above or below in the student's line of supervision.) Use manager discount email email@example.com to take advantage of special rates for your prelicensing course. Start your licensing course here.
2. Apply for a License
First, complete the Electronic Resident Licensing through NIPR and pay the $20 application fee to NIPR. Then complete a Criminal Background Check online at the State of Arkansas.
Your application will be reviewed for completeness and errors by AID. Upon approval, you will be notified by email when you are authorized to schedule your exam.
3. Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher, or electronic check. You can make a reservation through the following methods:
· Online: Make an online exam reservation with PSI
· Phone: 800-733-9267
· Fax completed Registration Form to 702-932-2666 and call PSI after 4 business days.
· Mail completed Registration Form and appropriate exam fee to PSI Services LLC, ATTN: Examination Registration AR INS, 3210 E Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121. After 2 weeks, call PSI to schedule an exam at 800-733-9267.
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
1. A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
2. A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card
You will be required to present a copy of the Certificate of Completion (Appendix A) to be admitted to the exam.
· Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to sign in and verify identification.
· No talking or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted in the exam area.
· Children, cell phones, calculators, pagers, cameras, programmable electronic devices and recording devices of any kind are NOT allowed.
· No smoking, eating, or drinking will be allowed at the exam site.
· Dictionaries, books, papers, or study and reference materials are NOT permitted.
· You may not exit the building during the exam.
· Copying or communicating exam content is a violation of PSI security policy. Either may result in the disqualification of exam results and lead to legal action and prosecution.
PSI exam sites have additional procedures:
· You will have your picture taken prior to admittance into the exam.
· You may not wear a jacket, coat, or any type of hooded clothing into the exam room. Sweaters that do not have pockets are allowed.
· You may not bring a purse or backpack into the exam room.
· You will be asked to put these items in your vehicle. PSI only provides accordion-type folders for any items. These folders are left in the lobby and PSI is not responsible for the security of those items.
· You may not wear a wristwatch into the exam room and you will be asked to empty your pockets.
· Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
· Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Experimental questions may not be covered in your educational materials and do not affect your final score!
· The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
· When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
o If you pass, you will immediately receive a successful notification and performance summary on an exam results letter.
o If you do not pass, you will immediately receive an unsuccessful exam results letter along with a diagnostic report indicating your strengths and weaknesses by exam portion and re-testing information.
Exam Retake Requirements
· Candidates must pass the exam within 90 days of the date of issuance of the original Authorization to Test.
· Candidates may take the exam a maximum of 3 times within the 90 day permit period.
· Candidates who fail the exam on the third attempt must wait 4 weeks before retaking the exam, regardless of the status of their examination authorization. This waiting period applies after every third unsuccessful attempt.
· Candidates who do not pass the exam within 90 days or who do not pass after 3 attempts, must repeat the entire process as outlined in the Overview section of the Candidate Handbook.
4. Print your License
24 hours after successfully passing the examination, you may print your license from NIPR. Candidates should contact the AID with questions about obtaining or maintaining a license only after the examination has been passed.