1. Complete a Prelicensing Course with Exam FX
If you would like to sell insurance in Louisiana, you must complete an approved line of prelicensing education and pass the state licensing exam.
To satisfy the requirements for your course, you will need to pass a Certification Exam. The Certification Exam is not monitored. After passing the Certification Exam with a 70% or greater, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and education will be reported electronically to the state insurance department. Prelicensing education is valid for one year from the date of completion; you will need to take and pass your state exam within this timeframe. Use manager discount email email@example.com to take advantage of special rates for your prelicensing course. Start your licensing course here.
2. Apply for License
Apply for your license by completing an application at www.nipr.com.
3. Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher or electronic check. You can make a reservation through the following methods:
· Online: www.psiexams.com
· Phone: (800) 733-9267
· Fax completed Registration Form to (702) 932-2666 and call PSI after 4 business days.
· Email completed Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and call PSI after 4 business days.
· Mail completed Registration Form and submit the appropriate exam fee to PSI Services LLC, ATTN: Examination Registration LA INS, 3210 E Tropicana * Las Vegas, NV * 89121. After 2 weeks, call PSI to schedule the exam at (800) 733-9267.
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
· A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
· A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card or another primary ID
· Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to sign in and verify identification.
· No talking or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted in the exam area.
· Children, cell phones, calculators, pagers, cameras, programmable electronic devices and recording devices of any kind are NOT allowed.
· No smoking, eating, or drinking will be allowed at the exam site.
· Dictionaries, books, papers, or study and reference materials are NOT permitted.
· You may not exit the building during the exam.
· You may not bring a large purse or backpack into the exam room.
· Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
· The exam consists of two parts:
1. The general section deals with basic insurance product knowledge
2. The state section deals with insurance laws, rules, and regulations, and practices that are unique to Louisiana
· Each exam contains “pretest” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Pretest questions may not be covered in your educational materials and do not affect your final score!
· The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
· When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
1. If you do not pass, you will immediately receive an unsuccessful exam results letter along with a diagnostic report indicating your strengths and weaknesses by exam portion. Candidates can schedule another exam but must wait 24 hours before making the reservation.
2. If you pass, you will immediately receive a successful notification and performance summary on an exam results letter.
4. Get Fingerprinted
Once you complete your exam, you must have your fingerprints taken at the exam site and submitted to the state. PSI will forward the fingerprints on to the state for review; this process can take up to four weeks.