8/10/20: Prometric is now offering remote testing with ProProctor for Oklahoma insurance licensing candidates. Perform a system check on your computer to see if it meets the technical specifications and view the ProProctor User Guide for all other requirements.
1. Complete a Prelicensing Course with Exam FX
If you would like to sell insurance as an insurance producer in Oklahoma, you must pass a licensing exam. To prepare for the licensing exam, you should take an insurance course. Use manager discount email firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of special rates for your prelicensing course. Start your licensing course here.
2. Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher or electronic check. You can make a reservation through the following methods:
· Online: www.prometric.com/oklahoma/insurance
· Phone: (888) 597-8223
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
· A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
· A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card
· Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to verify identification and be photographed.
· All testing sessions are video and audio recorded.
· No personal items are allowed in the testing room such as cell phones, watches, wallets, or purses.
· Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
· Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Experimental questions may not be covered in the candidate’s educational materials and do not affect your final score!
· The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
· When you complete the exam, your score will be displayed on the screen and you will receive a printed score report. The score report will include whether you passed or failed, the overall percentage score, and percentage correct for each of the major sections of the exam.
· Prometric notifies the Department of Insurance your exam results within 3 business days.
3. Apply for License
Allow 3 business days for Prometric to report your score to the state, then apply for your license by completing an application at www.licensing.oid.ok.gov.
·Candidates who do not pass can schedule the exam again with no waiting period.